Business/Corporate & Securities
View alphabetical listings of Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek attorneys practicing in Business/Corporate & Securities below:
Hillary M. Dorne Associate
Ms. Dorne’s practice emphasizes representing lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate-secured loans and advising private client transactions including business planning and corporate compliance, corporate governance and real estate. She has additional experience in the formation and operation of businesses, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, stock options, finance, Securities and Exchange Commission reporting, and general representation of entrepreneurs in widely diverse industries. Ms. Dorne is knowledgeable in personal estate planning and the formation and operation of tax exempt organizations.
Ms. Dorne received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Davis. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Prior to joining Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek, Ms. Dorne served as Judicial Extern for the Honorable Thomas J. Whelan in the Southern District of California and as a law clerk with the United States Federal Defenders, Criminal Division in San Diego.
- Represents lenders and borrowers in documentation, negotiation and closing of commercial real estate secured loan transactions (involving acquisition and development, construction, ground lease and(or) permanent financing for office, hotel, retail, commercial and industrial properties)
- Represents lenders and borrowers in documentation, negotiation and closing of personal property secured loan transactions (involving equipment, negotiable instruments and(or) accounts receivable collateral)
- Represents clients in real estate transactions, including sales, leasing, purchases, 1031 exchanges, financing, debt workouts and construction of major office, hotel, industrial buildings and retail shopping centers
- Provides a wide-range of federal, state and local business advice to individuals, partnerships, corporations, and other business entities on corporate compliance
- Forms business organizations, including limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations
- Represents clients in various business matters and transactions, including business governance, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and spin-offs, and liquidations
- Represents health care companies in mergers and acquisitions, formation of multi-specialty groups, independent practice associations, and management service organizations; negotiates management service contracts, physician service agreements, purchase and sale of professional practices and related agreements
- Advises clients regarding formation and operation of charitable trusts and nonprofit organizations
- Assists clients with succession planning for closely-held businesses and other personal and/or family assets
- Designs and structures estate planning documents for clients (including wills, trusts, advance health care directives, asset management powers of attorney, etc.)
- Advises clients regarding short and long-term business planning and strategies
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- State Bar of California
- S. District Court, Southern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association
- Ms. Dorne is fluent in Spanish.