Associate Benefits Summary
Medical Insurance: The Firm provides to its associates a choice of the following plans: 1) employer-paid HMO, or 2) partial employer-paid PPO.
Vision Insurance: The Firm provides its associates with an employer-paid vision plan.
Dental Insurance: The Firm provides its associates with an employer-paid dental policy.
Dependent Insurance: Associates may purchase medical, vision and dental insurance coverage for a spouse, domestic partner and dependents at their own expense. Associates may elect to pay certain monthly premiums on a “before tax” basis under the firm’s Flexible Benefits Spending Plan.
COBRA: Upon leaving the Firm, in most instances, employees may elect to remain under the Firm’s group health coverage at their own expense.
Life Insurance: $100,000 employer-paid Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance is provided to all eligible attorneys. Associates may purchase additional Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at their own expense.
Flexible Benefits Spending Plan: Associates working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following plans:
- Premium Conversion: Allows you to pay with pre-tax dollars HMO or PPO medical premiums for your dependents through salary reduction.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account: Allows you to make semi-monthly contributions with pre-tax dollars toward the reimbursement of childcare and/or dependent care expenses.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account: Allows you to pay with pre-tax dollars certain medically-necessary out-of-pocket expenses not currently covered by any form of insurance which the employees and/or their dependents incur.
- Orthodontia: Allows you to pay orthodontic expenses not covered by your dental plan.
401(K) Incentive Plan: The Firm has established a Salary Deferral Program to supplement an associate’s income upon retirement. Associates are eligible to participate the first of the month following six months of employment. The Firm matches the first 3% of salary deferred, dollar for dollar. Associates may elect to defer pre-tax 401k contributions or Roth 401k after-tax contributions or a combination of the two.
State Disability Insurance: Associates are covered under the State Disability Insurance Plan.
Long-Term Disability: Associates have the option of employee or employer-paid premiums for coverage, 60% of monthly earnings up to a maximum monthly benefit of $20,000.00.
Workers’ Compensation: The Firm maintains Workers’ Compensation Insurance as provided by law.
Bonus Program(s): In addition to their base salaries, associates may be eligible for bonuses based upon the following:
- Billable Hours (over 1900 hours);
- Year-End Discretionary Bonus; and
- Holiday Bonus.
Dues for Professional Organizations: The Firm pays Bar Association Dues and other professional organization dues in which the associates are active members.
Training Programs/Educational Seminars: Continuing education seminars are available to our associates, subject to approval, at the Firm’s expense.
Moving Allowances: The Firm reimburses its new associates for reasonable moving expenses.
Discounts: Discounts are available to various attractions, amusement parks, restaurants and hotels.
Parking: Employer-paid parking in building with option of valet service.
Casual Day: The Firm has declared a “Casual Day” every Friday and Federal holidays.