With clear-headed realism and a mastery of taxation intricacies, SCMV Tax Practice acts as a “private client group” for high-net-worth clients, advising them on the financial, legal, and often, individual decisions involving the use and protection of their assets.
Working closely with clients, we help them with both planning and advice on a wide range of tax issues including:
- forming, operating and dissolving “C” and “S” corporations; partnerships; and limited liability companies
- providing your employees with tax-exempt fringe benefits and tax-deferred retirement incentives
- planning regarding real property dispositions including tax-deferred “like-kind” exchanges; involuntary conversions; and property tax reassessment
- compensation planning including incentive, qualified and “phantom” stock options; and equity-based compensation for partnerships and limited liability companies
- use and appropriateness of trusts including Charitable Remainder Trusts, “Defective” Grantor Trusts, Grantor Retained Trusts and Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- sophisticated family tax planning to minimize - or eliminate - gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes
- forming, operating and dissolving tax-exempt entities including public charities; private foundations; and private operating foundations
- handling specialized tax filings, including:
- pension plan reports (Form 5500)
- estate tax returns (Form 706)
- fiduciary income tax returns (Form 1041/541)
- gift tax returns (Form 709)
- international tax planning
- tax audits, including representing clients at all levels: local, state and federal
- representation in tax controversies, including federal, state, and local tax litigation and property tax matters
As opportunity and risk counter-fluctuate in endless tension, so do the dual obligations of taxation and financial custodianship. SCMV Tax Practice attorneys are skilled and trusted counselors, always working to ensure that clients’ interests are fully maximized.
The SCMV Tax Practice:
Resourcefulness . . . beyond the letter of the law.