Angela A. Woolard
Ms. Woolard is an associate with the firm. Her practice focuses exclusively on family law matters, including assistance with dissolution of marriage proceedings and family law appeals, as well as the preparation and negotiation of prenuptial agreements.
Ms. Woolard received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, with Distinction, from San Diego State University in 1994, where she earned academic honors and served as a teaching assistant and tutor in advanced statistics. She earned her law degree from California Western School of Law in 2001. While in law school, Ms. Woolard received three academic achievement awards for legal writing and participated in the Traynor Moot Court team.
Ms. Woolard joined Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek in 2003. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Woolard worked as an associate attorney at another family law firm in San Diego. She also served as a Panel Attorney for Appellate Defenders, Inc., representing indigent clients in criminal appeals. During law school, Ms. Woolard was a teaching assistant and tutor in legal research and writing, and a student investigator in the pilot program of the California Innocence Project. In addition, Ms. Woolard held a position as a judicial intern at the San Diego Superior Court, Family Law Division, performing legal research and case analysis to assist a Superior Court judge in marital dissolution proceedings.
- Assisting clients with dissolution of marriage proceedings, including temporary and permanent child and/or spousal support orders, child custody and visitation and characterization/division of property
- Post-judgment modifications of child support, spousal support and child custody and visitation orders
- Analysis of complex issues of law and preparation of memoranda, appellate and trial briefs
- Drafting and negotiation of prenuptial agreements in cases involving extensive assets and/or unique factual situations
- Preparation and negotiation of Marital Settlement Agreements
- Providing advice to clients engaged in the mediation process
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- San Diego County Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- State Bar of California