Ms. Jamshidi is an associate with Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek in the Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on representing individual clients and diverse businesses on a wide range of civil litigation and appellate matters before both state and federal courts. Ms. Jamshidi is also an adjunct professor at the Thomas Jefferson School of Law instructing legal writing.
Ms. Jamshidi earned her Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Spanish, in 2004, from Berry College in Mount Berry, Georgia. She then earned her Juris Doctor, graduating with honors, in 2010 from the University of Baltimore School of Law. While in law school, she was a staff member of the University of Baltimore Law Review and participated in the Inter-American Court of Human Rights Moot Court Team. She also interned for the Maryland Court of Special Appeals and the Maryland Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek, Ms. Jamshidi worked as an associate with Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP in their San Diego office. Her areas of practice included general liability, products liability, business litigation and contract law, environmental law, professional liability, workers’ compensation, and medical malpractice.
Ms. Jamshidi also had the privilege to serve as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Kendra Y. Ausby of the Baltimore City Circuit Court, Eighth Judicial District.
- Advise individual clients and diverse businesses on matters regarding general liability and business litigation in federal and state courts
- Represented an international corporation on civil rights disability claims in state and federal courts
- Defended a national corporation against wrongful termination and discrimination claims
- Defended a financial firm against professional negligence in federal district court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defended a national corporation against asbestos lawsuit in the California Court of Appeal
- Defended a national corporation in the appeal of a product liability verdict to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- State Bar of California
- State Bars of Georgia and Maryland
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- San Diego County Bar Association, Executive Committee Member of the Appellate Practice Section
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Iranian American Bar Association, San Diego Chapter, President
- San Diego County Bar Association, Crawford Academy (2015, Mentor)
- YALLA San Diego, Leadership Program for Refugee Youth (2014-present, Mentor)
- Volunteer Attorney, Case Cornelia Law Center (2012-2014)
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Professional Awards & Honors
- Best of the Bar, San Diego Business Journal (2016-2017)
- Casa Cornelia Law Center Pro Bono Publico Award (2013)