Ms. Dorne’s practice emphasizes advising private client transactions, including business planning and corporate compliance, corporate governance, real estate, and health care law. She has additional experience in the formation and operation of businesses, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, stock options, finance, and Securities and Exchange Commission reporting, and general representation of entrepreneurs in widely diverse industries. Ms. Dorne is knowledgeable in personal estate planning and the formation and operation of tax‑exempt organizations.
Ms. Dorne received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Davis. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Dorne was a Senior Associate of the Journal of Climate and Energy Law. She was also a participant of the University of Barcelona School of International Law Program in Barcelona, Spain.
Prior to joining Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek, Ms. Dorne served as Judicial Extern for the Honorable Thomas J. Whelan in the Southern District of California and as a law clerk with the United States Federal Defenders, Criminal Division in San Diego.
- Advises clients regarding formations and operations of charitable trusts and nonprofit organizations
- Assists clients with succession planning for closely-held businesses and other personal and/or family assets
- Designs and structures estate planning documents for clients (including wills, trusts, advance health care directives, asset management powers of attorney, etc.)
- Forms business organizations, including limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations
- Prepares various business contracts and advises clients regarding short and long-term business planning and strategies
- Provides a wide-range of federal, state and local business advice to individuals, partnerships, corporations, and other business entities on corporate compliance
- Represents health care companies in mergers and acquisitions, formation of multi-specialty groups, independent practice associations, and management service organizations. Negotiate management service contracts, physician service agreements, purchase and sale of professional practices and related agreements
- Represents clients in real estate transactions, including sales, leasing, purchases, 1031 exchanges, financing, debt workouts and construction of major office, hotel, industrial buildings and retail shopping centers
- Represents clients in various business matters and transactions, including business governance, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and spin-offs, and liquidations
- Represents lenders and borrowers in documentation, negotiation and closing of commercial real estate‑secured loan transactions (involving acquisition and development, construction, ground lease and(or) permanent financing for office, hotel, retail, commercial and industrial properties)
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association
- Ms. Dorne is fluent in Spanish.