Ms. Barth is Of Counsel at Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek and specializes in family law matters. Ms. Barth’s experience as a civil and business litigator has provided her with the necessary expertise to understand and successfully resolve complex financial and emotional issues present in divorce cases. Ms. Barth works collaboratively with clients and adversaries to reach realistic, reasonable and cost-effective solutions.
Ms. Barth received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Villa Maria College in 1979. She attended California Western School of Law and earned her Juris Doctor in 1988.
Ms. Barth began her career as an associate and later a partner of the former firm McInnis Fitzgerald Rees & Sharkey. When that firm merged with Higgs Fletcher & Mack, Ms. Barth became a partner at the Higgs firm where she practiced until August 2011. She then founded Marianne Barth, APC until joining Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek in 2014.
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter
- Association of Business and Trial Lawyers
- Lawyers Club
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Inn of Court
- State Bar of California
- Superior Court of California, Judge Pro Tem
- Lieutenant, San Diego Public Health Service
- San Diego County Task Force
Professional Awards & Honors
- Named in 2014 by San Diego Magazine as one of San Diego’s Top Lawyers (Family Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Rating of AV Preeminent