Parisa F. Weiss
Ms. Weiss is a shareholder at Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek. Her practice focuses in the areas of Estate Planning, Probate, Trust Administration and Conservatorship Administration.
Ms. Weiss received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Kansas in 2001. She attended Thomas Jefferson School of Law and earned her Juris Doctor in 2004.
Prior to joining Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek, Ms. Weiss was a principal in the law firm of Farokhi Law Firm, APC in San Diego.
- Advises individuals with diverse financial, tax, asset protection and benefit retention requirements and prepares related documents including revocable trusts, special needs trusts, irrevocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney and advance healthcare directives
- Advises fiduciaries and individual trustees regarding the proper administration of trusts and probates
- Advises beneficiaries of trusts and estates with respect to their rights
- Represents clients in estate, trust and conservatorship litigation
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- Iranian American Bar Association, San Diego Chapter, Board Member (2014-2015)
- State Bar of California – Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section
- North County Bar Association – Co-Chair of the Trust & Estate Section (2011 and 2012)
- San Diego County Bar Association – Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section
- San Diego County Bar Association, New Lawyer Division – Section Chair of the Estate Planning, Trust and Probate
- Rancho Santa Fe Business & Professional Women – Greeter (2012)
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, North County Chapter – Vice President (2008-2009)
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Moderator and Presenter, The Basics Seminar: Estate Planning, for Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), September 2014
- Moderator and Presenter for Conservatorships: The Basics, for Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), UCLA Extension, April 11, 2014
- The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, “Special Needs Trusts,” 2012
- Speaker and panelist for University of San Diego Law School for law student groups
Professional Awards & Honors
- Best of the Bar (San Diego Business Journal, 2015-2016)
- Top Attorney (San Diego Daily Transcript, 2014)