Robert Caplan is the managing member of Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek. His practice emphasizes real property law, which encompasses retail, office, industrial, hospitality, residential and mixed-use projects.
Mr. Caplan received his B.A., with distinction, from Stanford University in 1957. He earned his law degree from Stanford University in 1960.
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- San Diego Symphony Foundation (Board of Trustees)
- La Jolla Playhouse (Board of Directors)
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Co-author, “Commercial Lease Practice” published by the California Continuing Education of the Bar (1976)
- Participated in several panels on real property issues for the American Law Institute-American Bar Association
- Speaker at programs involving real property matters sponsored by the California Continuing Education of the Bar
Professional Awards & Honors
- Recognized in San Diego Super Lawyers magazine for real estate law (2007 - through the present)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (1984 - through the present)