Katrina W. Wu
Ms. Wu is an associate in the firm’s Business Department. She represents clients primarily in the areas of business, intellectual property, estate planning and administration, international finance, investment and tax, administrative land use and environmental, and transactional tax planning and tax controversy. Ms. Wu’s primary focus is developing creative, strategic solutions tailored to accomplish her clients’ specific goals.
She is bilingual in English and Chinese.
Ms. Wu received her B.S. in Business Administration at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles in 2010, and her J.D., M.B.A, and LLM in Taxation at the University of San Diego School of Law in 2015. While in law school, Ms. Wu received multiple honors, including three CALI Awards (Energy Law, European Union Law and Art Law) and a High Pass in Energy Policy and Initiatives Center Internship. She was also a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society.
While in law school, Ms. Wu worked as a legal intern for Global Energy Network Institute (GENI) and the University of San Diego. She also worked as research assistant at the University of San Diego’s Energy Policy and Incentives Center and State Income Tax Clinic.
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- State Bar of California (Taxation Section)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County (APABA)
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society
- California Department of Real Estate, Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “The Google Art Project: An Analysis from a Legal and Social Perspective on Copyright Implications,” Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society (Dec. 2014)
- “YouTube Marketing: Legality of Sponsorship and Endorsement in Advertising,” Journal of Law, Business and Ethics (Forthcoming, Spring 2016)
Professional Awards & Honors
- Best Paper Award (“YouTube Marketing: Legality of Sponsorship and Endorsement in Advertising”), Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business (PSWALSB) 2016 Annual Conference
- SCMV Attorneys Comment on Proposed IRS Regulations Regarding Qualified Business Income Deduction
- SCMV Launches Cyber Planning & Response Practice Group
- Katrina Wu Joins La Jolla Music Society Board of Directors
- Navigating the Social Media Minefield
- YouTube Marketing: Legality of Sponsorship and Endorsements in Advertising
- Katrina Wu Joins Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek