Today’s cybercriminals target everyone. Large firms with vast IT professionals have suffered data breaches. Small firms with limited IT resources have been attacked and paid ransom. While full cybersecurity may never be achieved, companies can and must limit their potential risks.
Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek’s Cyber Planning and Response Group can assist your business in planning and implementing cyber-related policies, in a privileged environment, to address the risks and exposure to both foreign and domestic criminal enterprises.
Planning & Prevention
Having a cybersecurity prevention and response plan is an important tool for all businesses. Even before your systems are hacked and confidential data is compromised, you must be ready to respond in a proactive manner that will result in the least amount of downtime to your operations and damage to your business and reputation.
- Our team can assist you in managing possible cybersecurity incidents and responses
- We will also work with you to develop prevention policies and tactics to avoid possible system attacks
- Vendors with whom your company works can put your systems at risk. If one of your vendors is a victim of a cyberattack, your systems can also be infected. We will work with you to revise vendor requirements and contracts to ensure your cyber safety is comprehensive
If you are a victim of a cyberattack, security breach or cyber extortion, we will work with you to immediately mitigate the situation. Our team can help you evaluate the extent of the attack and provide input as to your internal and external communications resulting from the attack.
A cyberattack can lead to numerous legal obligations. As a business owner, you must comply with local, state, and federal reporting and notification requirements.
- Our team will represent you at every level of investigation and coordinating with law enforcement, and federal, state and administrative/regulatory agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and the Federal Trade Commission
- If confidential information is compromised, we will help you comply with state and federal privacy laws that require a business to report and respond in case of such a data breach
- Employee information is also at risk of being targeted during a cyberattack. Our Employment Law Practice Group will assist you in the multiple employment issues that arise from data collection and breaches
- If your company is sued as a result of a cyberattack, our Litigation Practice Area will defend you forcefully and effectively
Our team can also assist you in evaluating the right cyber insurance policy for your organization. With more than 40 different kinds of policies currently available, we will help you evaluate your specific needs and help match you with the best coverage available.