White Collar Criminal Defense/Government Investigations
Criminal prosecution or investigation can be devastating to people and businesses. Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek’s specialized criminal defense attorneys and paralegals represent clients at every level of investigation and prosecution by federal, state and administrative/regulatory agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Elections Commission.
When the need arises, our specialized criminal defense team can commit the full talent and energy required to represent clients successfully, giving our clients an experienced and unwavering ally in defending their actions and reputations.
We have successfully defended clients in cases involving:
- Conducting internal investigations for international companies
- Representing corporations and their officers in Foreign Corrupt Practice Act investigations
- Alleged tax fraud vs. the U.S. Department of Justice, the Internal Revenue Service and the California Franchise Tax Board
- Alleged violations of Clean Water and Clean Air Act, and other federal environmental laws
- Alleged failure to report and pay California sales tax
- Grand jury investigations, where we work to limit or prevent prosecution
- Alleged fraud by employers regarding workers’ compensation premiums
- Charges of fraudulent billing
- Qui tam suits against companies under the Federal False Claims Act
- Attempts by foreign governments to obtain the extradition of individuals from the U.S.
Select an attorney below to find out more about their expertise in White Collar Criminal Defense/Government Investigations
Practice Group Leader
Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek Attorney Receives U.S. Attorney Nomination
SCMV congratulates our friend and colleague Robert S. Brewer, Jr. on being named by President Trump as the nominee for United States Attorney for the Southern District of California. Mr. Brewer…Learn More
San Diego Attorney Meets with President Obama Regarding Crime & Incarceration
Former United States Attorney Gregory A. Vega, with the San Diego law firm of Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek, is a founding member of the newly formed “Law Enforcement Leaders to Reduce Crime and…Learn More