Mr. Arias is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department. He represents clients primarily in the areas of white collar criminal defense, cross-border litigation, immigration law, and business litigation.
He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Mr. Arias earned his Juris Doctor degree from California Western School of Law, where he was a member of the Pro Bono Honors Society, Moot Court Honors Board and finalist in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition in Washington D.C. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Security and Conflict Resolution from San Diego State University (SDSU). While at SDSU, Mr. Arias studied abroad at the European School of Economics in London and Rome, earning a Certificate in International Finance.
Prior to joining SCMV as an associate, Mr. Arias served as a law clerk for Federal Defenders of San Diego, Inc. and as a certified legal intern for the San Diego County Public Defender Office. He also worked as a law clerk for the Florida Immigration Advocacy Center in Miami, Florida. In 2013 Mr. Arias joined the Litigation team at SCMV, first as a paralegal and then as a law clerk.
- Served on legal team that represented corporate executive in FCPA investigation of major retailer in Mexico
- Served on team involved in high profile extradition from Mexico to the United States
- Served on legal team that defended business executive during federal trial against charges of criminal copyright infringement in the Northern District of California
- Served on legal team that defended foreign business executive indicted by U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California related to the “Fat Leonard” U.S. Navy bribery scandal
- Served on legal team that defended former shareholders in litigation involving a Mexican land corporation located in Jalisco, Mexico
- Served on legal team that defended local business against claims by Multi-national Corporation alleging violations of the Lanham Act
- Served on legal team that defended local businessman against allegations of violations under the Lacy Act
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- U.S.-Mexico Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association