SCMV’s Certified Legal Specialists
A certified specialist is more than just an attorney who practices in a particular area of law. The State Bar Legal Specialization program is a method for attorneys to earn the designation of certified legal specialist in 11 specific areas of law for the purposes of increasing public protection and encouraging attorney competence.
Attorneys certified by the State Bar have gone above and beyond the standard licensing requirements. The process includes the successful passage of a written examination, demonstration of a high level of experience, attendance at a prescribed number of approved educational programs, and favorable evaluation by other attorneys and judges who are familiar with the attorney’s work.
In California, less than five percent of the state's attorneys have earned the prestigious title of certified specialist. SCMV is home to eight.
Our certified specialists include:
- Larry Branton – Taxation
- Brian Katusian – Taxation
- Arezoo Jamshidi – Appellate Law
- Sandra Joan Morris – Family Law
- Laura Nichols – Estate Planning, Trust & Probate
- Jim Siegel – Estate Planning, Trust & Probate
- Rebecca Van Loon – Estate Planning, Trust & Probate
- Reg Vitek – Legal Malpractice