The Law at Work: What every California employer must do at the start of 2019
In his first The Law at Work Column of the new year in the San Diego Union-Tribune, Shareholder Dan Eaton shares six things every California employer should do now to limit employment-related legal challenges over the next 12 months and explains why:
- Confirm that your independent contractors are not really employees.
- Make sure your compensation rates are lawful.
- Delete impermissible questions from your company’s employment applications.
- Review your company’s policy restricting what employees may say about company practices.
- Consider revising confidentiality provision in your company’s standard release agreement.
- Schedule sexual harassment prevention training.
View the full article here.