PAGA plaintiff may represent claims of other employees in court, even if required to arbitrate own claims

The California Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (PAGA) authorizes any “aggrieved employee” to seek civil penalties against an employer for a range of Labor Code violations, including wage-related violations, plus attorneys’ fees, on behalf of the plaintiff-employee and on behalf of all other aggrieved employees. In those cases, 75 percent of any recovery goes to the Labor and Workforce Development Agency and the other 25 percent goes to the plaintiff and the other aggrieved employees.

Click here to read the full article written by SCMV Shareholder Dan Eaton and published in The San Diego Union-Tribune.

Click here for a printable version

March 27, 2023  |  Categories: News, Employment Law
Subscribe to Legal Alerts